Delicious Peach Muffins (Gluten Free Dairy Free)
¼ cup warm water
¼ cup ground flax seeds
½ cup coconut oil or vegetable shortening
3 Tb brown sugar
½ cup maple syrup
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. ginger
½ tsp. cardamom
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup gf oats
1 ½ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
1 cup peach sauce
1 cup chopped peaches
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 8"x12" baking pan, or muffin tins with coconut oil.
- Whisk flax seeds into warm water and set aside. Warm oil and add brown sugar and maple syrup. Whisk in egg and flax seeds.
- Add salt, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and vanilla. Stir into batter, blend well.
- Stir in oats and flour. Gently blend peach sauce into batter. Stir in optional chopped peaches.
- For muffins, spoon batter into pan, barely filling each cup. Bake 25-30 minutes, or check with a toothpick. Cool in pan for five minutes, and then on a cooling rack for another five to ten minutes.
Delicious warm or cool; plain or with coconut butter.